Tuesday, February 9, 2016

1st Chalk Paint Furniture Make-Over







My 1st Furniture make-over in ages.



So I was talking to my friend Brandy, about finishing up a kids room with her.  So she had wanted to do a really cool thing to an outdated dresser.

So have you ever seen the Junk Gypsies on GAC?
It is worth 30 minutes of your day.

What a great looking crew I have working with me!




1st they sanded with orbital sanders.  That really cuts down time. (I Supervised)
We wiped everything down with dry rags.  It was so humid, no water necessary.

Then with an old rag we applied Denatured Alcohol and wiped everything down.


We then started applying Junk Gypsy Chalk & Clay Paint.    Available here: http://gypsyville.com/
This color is called Flower Child. 











After 2-3 coats and a lot of dry time.   
You must then seal Chalk paint with Wax or Junk Gypsy Clear Coat.


The beauty of the clear coat is that you only do it once.  Wax you have to reapply every 2 years and it also takes longer to dry because of humidity.

I had some really wonderful instructions given to me at
Riverbridge Resale & Consignment Conroe, TX.


I couldn't believe how great this paint and sealer worked.  It was so much fun doing this with my friends!

I love how it turned out!








Thanks for stopping by!
Shelley


*Disclaimer  I was not compensated in any way.  These are just Tips!
Editor: Alyssa Johnson-Glassel  AKA 2 Dainty Crafters

No comments:

Post a Comment